My Photo
Name:
Location: --- None ---

Jus another random person...

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Badminton+Wushu=I'm gonna suffer tomorrow....

Badminton.....

It was the SARS drill for the entire SDN....so Yan Wei, Hisyam and Yao Guang planned to spend their afternoon doing some 'vigour excercises'----Badminton.....Anyways, I tagged along, for Yan Wei wanted to pair up with me and play doubles with Hisyam and Yao Guang. To our dismay, all the courts were booked, and on top of that, Hisyam did not turn up as he felt sick that morning, so we ended up playing either 2 to 1 or singles. Played with other people and was quite terrible.... lost in the end. It seems like everyone was confused by the rules. I remember my aunt's friends, who play badminton every Wed in Buona Vista (and some are really pro....the way they play is so fast that the moment you saw the ball landing at one side, it has gone to the other side of the court....smack somemore.....wah piang....) had once told me about the rules. I used to play with them and at some times, they would ask me to count the scores for them. For doubles, the entire court is supposed to be used. No matter where the shuttlecock land within the court, that would be counted as an 'in'. But there's an exception when it comes to serving the shuttlecock at the beginning of each game. The shuttlecock cannot go beyond the first line towards the end of the court. If it happens, that'll be an 'out'.

Anways......I started noticing that Yan Wei's tennis skills has influenced his badminton skills.....Out of 5 serves he did, I'd smacked him 3 times. (Sorry lah YW, you gave me the oppurtunity, I was very glad to take it, coz I'm still trying to learn how to smack....nyak nyak nyak...;P) Other than that, whenever i send him a shot high in the air, he'll make it even higher and further (if the shot was originally quite some distance away from the net...if not, he'll do his newly mastered loop shot.......and he'll smack if you manage to catch that loop shot of his...evil....) For his strength and height, I think he makes a good back player in doubles. Dunno why...he seems to prefer being in the frontline. As for Yao Guang, he likes to wait for the ball to come to him. He hate to run, but he hate to lose even more. It seems like he's one of those who'll run if he knows that he is in a losing situation...But he's a good player. he knows how to make people run like mad and he knows how to control.

After badminton...I rushed home and began planning how to organize my time and to prepare for....

Wushu

Somehow, I was very exhausted by the badminton playing I had earlier and during wushu, I was quite restless. Worse still, when we have to practise the tan tui shi lu, I panicked. I did not attend the lesson before the previous due to my sprained ankle (and there was no lesson the previous wed) and I forgot the 2nd stance.....So you can guess how badly I did.....I was like 'huh?' and many a times, the instructor had to make quite a lot of amendments to my positions......die lar....can see he's a bit impatient and I was quite embarrased when everyone seemed to know the next step and I was stuck halfway......After that, I approached Neng Lai (I only knew of him chinese name till now....)and he taught me the 2nd to 4th stance.....I really missed out a lot... During the one hour lesson I had with him, I went really gong.....Kept forgetting the next step and somehow, I'm starting to think I'm the blur-est person around......is it because I have a blur look or what...? Sigh..................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home