My Photo
Name:
Location: --- None ---

Jus another random person...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dear school of design....

“For those who don't give a rat*ss about animation, career etc Goodbye. Nice knowing you. Congratulations, you have 2 months left. Quoted from mr eugene’s mail…”


Well… when I read this, I felt rather sad… Somehow, maybe we as students have disappointed our lecturers too much these times, taking things for granted, so it’s time to be grateful… J

I am really grateful for all the things the school has done for me and to me. I had never experience so much in my life.

Throughout all these 2+ years, I have been drilled technically in many softwares, particularly adobe photoshop and illustrator, and learnt the basics of animation and anatomy.
I have learnt how to fulfil the needs of a client, at the expense of my interest in art.
I have come to understand that what I did, not all would appreciate.
I’ve learnt to accept criticisms with a smile.
I have learnt how to break away from manga slowly, towards the western cartoony styles, as ‘manga is overdone’.
I have come to realise that things are based on logic, not just intuition; that a piece of art needs to have a concept, not just what you feel.
I have learnt that competition is a great learning ground, yet is the easiest place to kill a student’s interest.
I have learnt that people are realistic, because they don’t care how you’ve grown, rather what honor and pride you have brought to them, through which, I have learnt the art of pleasing them.

Hence, I thank my school for letting me know the taste of despair, the feeling of death of one’s passion, which had been alive for the past 17 years. Thanks for the high expectations, which I tried to keep up with and in turn, discover what is truly important for me; the people whom I have truly taken for granted, the friendships forged. Thanks a million for letting me come to peace with art, what art truly is now to the world, and what I truly have taken it as.

Above all, thanks for creating these situations, giving me a chance to know what it is to regret, put down, and move on with life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home