My Photo
Name:
Location: --- None ---

Jus another random person...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Stunned....

Okie...I skipped my 2 lectures today...again. Not that I'm being rebellious or what...but there was a prize presentation ceremony of Comgraph 2005 at 3pm this afternoon. (I entered the competition and the artwork was shortlisted into the finalists.) I didn't feel very 'on' about going, partly due to the fact that I've skipped the lectures once and I wanted to keep my record of absence clear this semester and also, laziness. (Man, where the hell is Expo anyway??!?!?!) This time, Ms Amy helped me out with that. She wanted me to go for that ceremony and said that she'll ask Ms Pat and Lina to excuse me from the lectures.

So I went to the Expo (took a taxi down with Ms Amy and another 2 WSC members). It was a...big place. (I thought the Expo was the Durian....) The ceremony started with a speech from the guest of honour and the prize-giving started. Prizes for the digital art was given out first. The names of the finalists were flashed on the screen, followed by their artwork. Somehow, when I was sitting there looking at the screen, the competitive side of me wanted to win something, though another part of me told me to humble myself and think otherwise.

Certificates of merit were presented to the finalists, and then came my name....with two words on top in bold "BRONZE AWARD". I was like...".........?" and went towards the stage hastily. Instead of being stunned by the results, I was more of at lost of what to do. When should I get up to that stage? Man! I must be at my best behaviour and Gosh! My hair is messy and this blouse is too.......(those sort of thoughts kept flooding in...) Heck, just get yourself up there and get those things down and you're done. So, I rushed to the stage and shook hands with the GoH, took my prizes, took a picture with him and got down quickly. On my way back to my seat, a plump looking man in black suit stood up slightly from his seat and smiled, congratulating me and told me that my art work was very nice. I don't know who he is, but thanked him. (I think he was probably a colleague of the Digital Art Champion. They were sitting beside each other and talking away before the ceremony.)

After the prize-giving ceremony, the Alex and Weng Heng (both from the WSC team) started flashing the camera away. Ms Amy wanted to take the photos of us with our awards (Weng Heng won the Silver award for the Digital Art segment!! :D) and asked us to burn out our pictures onto a CD for her tomorrow. (She grumbled that she has to write a report of our 'success' and send it to the director...) After that, I caught Ms Amy and Ms Wendy (Wendy, Baktha and Adrian- the 3-D modelling lecturer- came too! Baktha won bronze for his 'Elephant-OK' animation!!) talking to each other. Somehow, that sounded like a complain more than a normal chit-chat.

They spoke about the Talent-based path thingy and when Ms Amy told Ms Wendy that I opted out of the program even before the interview, Ms Wendy remarked immediately "Good for you!" (Something like that.) Ms Amy seemed to agree very much about it, and said that it's lucky that I didn't opt for it. And I began to wonder....Is it a bad thing to enter that program??? I listened for a while but decided not to listen further, cos that sounded like something I shouldn't thread upon. But humans are always curious...so I asked Ms Amy on my way out of the Expo. "Is it so bad to be in the TBP thing??"

She was silent for a second and replied "Some things you students best don't know about." I didn't ask anymore.

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/sce/comgraph2005/
(Comgraph 2005 webbie!)

Oh yah! If anyone wanna install Adobe Photoshop CS2, just sms me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home