The Under-appreciated
Got back my assignments results today. My results are relatively good, but I just couldn't feel any good about that when everyone around me are dissapointed in their results. There are a few who put in a lot of effort and did really remarkable works but the grade just didn't do any justice to that. I really wonder if the tutors have mistaken their grade for other students' grades? It's just impossible that they'll get such results!!!!!
When I saw a friend of mine crying because her efforts were not recognised, I wasn't able to say a word of comfort......I'm lost at deciding what to say....What can I say when I'm at the other end? Every word of 'comfort' from me would be unconvincing....And who wouldn't feel sad when they are under-appreciated? How can one even tell another to stop crying when the latter feels terribly sad? ........All I could do is offer my help to her and telling her to relax a bit before carrying on working on her assignments.
"Na2 de2 qi3, jiu4 dei3 dong3 de2 fang4 de2 xia4" Those were my Shifu's words when he told us about him witnessing his disciples crying after losing a competition. I never really understood it till now.....I'm sure they would understand that too, one day.
When I saw a friend of mine crying because her efforts were not recognised, I wasn't able to say a word of comfort......I'm lost at deciding what to say....What can I say when I'm at the other end? Every word of 'comfort' from me would be unconvincing....And who wouldn't feel sad when they are under-appreciated? How can one even tell another to stop crying when the latter feels terribly sad? ........All I could do is offer my help to her and telling her to relax a bit before carrying on working on her assignments.
"Na2 de2 qi3, jiu4 dei3 dong3 de2 fang4 de2 xia4" Those were my Shifu's words when he told us about him witnessing his disciples crying after losing a competition. I never really understood it till now.....I'm sure they would understand that too, one day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home