Wheww......that's deep....
Whew...looking back at all the books I've read in the past, I think the only book which made me wanna read and re-read is "Conversations with God". Sometimes, i do doubt whether it's God really talkin' in there, but after discovering that I really read it as if it i was the "woman by the well", I don't doubt it anymore. Everything in there sounded really true, though it's hard to accapt.
Lately, another book crossed my path, "Friendship with God". It's a book, as the name says, teaching about having a friendship with God. I haven't completed it actually, but even if I haven't, I came to understand more....Knowing God, trusting God, loving God etc....it's really incredible, the essence of God. A love that asks not, needs not, wants not, expects not. A love that is already there, always there, forever will be there. (And amen to that!!) It avoids and condemns nothing, embracing everything with acceptance. It needs nothing, because it's everything. And because it needs nothing, it expects nothing, hence, asking nothing in return. But love and fear lives together, so it's inevitable that in the presence of love, fear surfaces. (And that's probably why I doubted the book....^^;;) Ultimately, the question is 'how do I accept this love and embrace it without the burdens that each & everyone of us lives with?'
And now to the next theme...
Love.
Many wonder alot about this 'l' word that's usually capitalized when talked about. The question is... WHY? Is it so hard to understand that love is given unconditionally? Think of a mother with her child, a man in love with a woman. There is no need for reciprocation on the part of the one being loved. True, in the deepest cavern on thine (the giver's) heart, one would be blissfully happy should the other return that love, but even if it is not reciprocrated expressly, we know that there's this bit - however big or small - of gratitude in the others' heart. Surely that's enough to let one survive through those frustrating times when one doubts if his/her feelings were accepted? Truth is, even if one denies feeling anything, more often than not, the acceptance is still there - it's just that they don't recognize that feeling as 'acceptance'.
I'm not making sense, am I? lol
Till next time, I bid you adieu =)
Lately, another book crossed my path, "Friendship with God". It's a book, as the name says, teaching about having a friendship with God. I haven't completed it actually, but even if I haven't, I came to understand more....Knowing God, trusting God, loving God etc....it's really incredible, the essence of God. A love that asks not, needs not, wants not, expects not. A love that is already there, always there, forever will be there. (And amen to that!!) It avoids and condemns nothing, embracing everything with acceptance. It needs nothing, because it's everything. And because it needs nothing, it expects nothing, hence, asking nothing in return. But love and fear lives together, so it's inevitable that in the presence of love, fear surfaces. (And that's probably why I doubted the book....^^;;) Ultimately, the question is 'how do I accept this love and embrace it without the burdens that each & everyone of us lives with?'
And now to the next theme...
Love.
Many wonder alot about this 'l' word that's usually capitalized when talked about. The question is... WHY? Is it so hard to understand that love is given unconditionally? Think of a mother with her child, a man in love with a woman. There is no need for reciprocation on the part of the one being loved. True, in the deepest cavern on thine (the giver's) heart, one would be blissfully happy should the other return that love, but even if it is not reciprocrated expressly, we know that there's this bit - however big or small - of gratitude in the others' heart. Surely that's enough to let one survive through those frustrating times when one doubts if his/her feelings were accepted? Truth is, even if one denies feeling anything, more often than not, the acceptance is still there - it's just that they don't recognize that feeling as 'acceptance'.
I'm not making sense, am I? lol
Till next time, I bid you adieu =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home