My Photo
Name:
Location: --- None ---

Jus another random person...

Friday, March 04, 2005

Further...or closer?

Okie...now with a clearer mind....haha. The previous post was really crap. Anyways, yesterday, on my way to my grandma's house yesterday, I managed to get a copy of Fullmetal Alchemist from a newspaper stand at Boon Lay interchange. (And I was quite surprised that the publisher was Chuang Yi...When did they start publishing it, I wonder??) It's a nice manga, and I'm starting to understand why some of my friends (and even those people at SPH's comic drawing group) were so crazy over it.

Somehow, part of the content made me really ponder about many things. The second chapter draws me to a conclusion that 'what's worthless to a person may be a really important thing to another.' While the first one really touched on the religion part.

It just so happens that in the story, (sorry to those who read the manga, it'll bore you...), the Elric brothers came to a town whereby an alchemist is making use of his alchemy tricks to con people into believing that he was a sort of holy person sent by the Sun God. He told everyone that nothing was impossible to him and could even ressurrect the dead (in the name of the Sun God...of course)! So, there was this little girl who strongly believed that this 'holy man' could revive her boyfriend. But then, the brothers came along and told her that it's impossible to do so, becuase they tried and failed....very, very badly. However, the girl didn't believe in them and kept telling them, "why can't you guys just have faith and believe??" And so, Edward, the elder of the 2 brothers, reminded her of the story of the man who tried to fly closer to the sun with wings of waxed feathers.

That sort of made me ponder....is it that the closer an individual is to a subject, the further he or she is? Are those who are always faithful the ones closer to the Almighty, or do they still have a longer way to go than those who aren't? Are scientists the ones who are truly one step closer to God? Are those that I have once felt sorry for for drifting away from the church actually are the ones who have found their way to Him/Her/It?? Maybe for one to get to the place he or she desires is to be in the place that individual don't?

Hmm....anyways, the fraud was chased out by the townsmen and later, murdered by a really terrifying woman and the girl was left crying, because her hopes of reviving her boyfriend was lost. I kind of like the conversation which went on like this:

Girl (crying) : "...He said he could revive the dead....so what am I going to depend on to live now?! Tell me!!"

Edward: "..That...You'll have to think it out yourself... Stand up and carry on forward. You have a complete and healthy pair of legs."

Man....I guess I'll continue buying this manga....lol ~:P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home