Sayonara, Dunking Desperado ~~~
Yay~~~It's over!!!! Studio project all over!! HOLIDAAAEEEES!!! *ahem*....Ahhh well, wasn't blogging much because of that. Let's see.....brief overview of Studio Project 2....
This semester's studio project wasn't so constrained like the first. But because of that, I had quite a couple of doubts and did quite a few wrong stuff......resulting in me having to rush for the last few days... The very first mistake was not clearing my doubts..I ended up doing my animation at a wrong size as the size was not specified...also pulling in a couple of my classmates into this deep shit....;_;.......but thank God a lecturer came in and spot this mistake the second day of our project....It was hard to accept because I already planned out my work that day and changing the size of the animaiton would further slow down my progress, but did it anyway....And I was quite guilty that others have to re-do their animation because I told them to use the wrong size........
The next mistake is...not to be too soft-hearted......Somehow, I was editing my video and a stranger happens to come by and said that he needs to shoot his animation. He said he'll occupy it for abotu 15 minutes and I let him used it. I thought he only wanted to shoot part of his animation, but I never knew it was the ENTIRE animation...so I ended up waiting for an hour for him to finish......And when I jsut started using, Mr Bhakta, the lecturer in charge of the entire studio project, came in and said to me in an impatient voice, "Celes, why aren't you finish? Others need to use it!" Well...what can I say....? I didn't want to argue with him and ignored his comment...........
Ah well....and there just three days ago, it was the very first time I stayed up the entire night just to get my work done....I didn't get to sleep a wink....unlike the previous days when I can at least get a few hours of sleep...And that made my parents worry the next day, when I didnt' reach home by 9pm....I had just finished editing my clip and helping out Haidar when Wen Ping handed me her handphone which was ringing, her face confused "Your home...?" And I went...'uh-oh'. It was my mum on the line and she have this similar voice like the previous time I did something really terrible to her....(That is, to make her worry...) "where are you? Why aren't you back" she asked, followed by "Do you know your Dad couldn't sleep because you aren't back yet?" ...Now that is something really rare...I didn't know they would be that worried.....So I left for home hastily....Somehow, felt a bit bad about that too.....
Anyways, assessment day came yesterday...and all went on quite smoothly. Met Meng on the way to the assessment room and he told me about his assessment. After he revealed that the lecturers in the room was Mr Bhakta and Miss Lina, I was relieved....(We are assessed in the same room). I was really hoping that it wasn't Jimmy Kang or Miss Gail....They are 'cold sharpshooters'....Bhakta is a sharpshooter, but he isn't the 'cold' type...or that's what I think.
In the room, Bhakta did the talking (as expected. Miss Lina is the soft-spoken and motherly person.) He told me that the animation and cd were good, but the poster has some graphic problems. For the animation, there were some minor speed problems and a cropping problem, but the overall animation is nice and smooth. (And they laughed a littl when the saw the part whereby the net and ricesack fell out of the scene.) And the took the cd away....(I was hoping to keep it myself, coz I liked that...)
After a quick browsing at my portfolio, that's the end of it. Simple. Now the holidays are back....I was thinking of going back to school on some occasions to mend this animation, coz I really feel like making it into somewhat perfect animation, hehehe...I wasn't very satisfied at the result anyways...
This semester's studio project wasn't so constrained like the first. But because of that, I had quite a couple of doubts and did quite a few wrong stuff......resulting in me having to rush for the last few days... The very first mistake was not clearing my doubts..I ended up doing my animation at a wrong size as the size was not specified...also pulling in a couple of my classmates into this deep shit....;_;.......but thank God a lecturer came in and spot this mistake the second day of our project....It was hard to accept because I already planned out my work that day and changing the size of the animaiton would further slow down my progress, but did it anyway....And I was quite guilty that others have to re-do their animation because I told them to use the wrong size........
The next mistake is...not to be too soft-hearted......Somehow, I was editing my video and a stranger happens to come by and said that he needs to shoot his animation. He said he'll occupy it for abotu 15 minutes and I let him used it. I thought he only wanted to shoot part of his animation, but I never knew it was the ENTIRE animation...so I ended up waiting for an hour for him to finish......And when I jsut started using, Mr Bhakta, the lecturer in charge of the entire studio project, came in and said to me in an impatient voice, "Celes, why aren't you finish? Others need to use it!" Well...what can I say....? I didn't want to argue with him and ignored his comment...........
Ah well....and there just three days ago, it was the very first time I stayed up the entire night just to get my work done....I didn't get to sleep a wink....unlike the previous days when I can at least get a few hours of sleep...And that made my parents worry the next day, when I didnt' reach home by 9pm....I had just finished editing my clip and helping out Haidar when Wen Ping handed me her handphone which was ringing, her face confused "Your home...?" And I went...'uh-oh'. It was my mum on the line and she have this similar voice like the previous time I did something really terrible to her....(That is, to make her worry...) "where are you? Why aren't you back" she asked, followed by "Do you know your Dad couldn't sleep because you aren't back yet?" ...Now that is something really rare...I didn't know they would be that worried.....So I left for home hastily....Somehow, felt a bit bad about that too.....
Anyways, assessment day came yesterday...and all went on quite smoothly. Met Meng on the way to the assessment room and he told me about his assessment. After he revealed that the lecturers in the room was Mr Bhakta and Miss Lina, I was relieved....(We are assessed in the same room). I was really hoping that it wasn't Jimmy Kang or Miss Gail....They are 'cold sharpshooters'....Bhakta is a sharpshooter, but he isn't the 'cold' type...or that's what I think.
In the room, Bhakta did the talking (as expected. Miss Lina is the soft-spoken and motherly person.) He told me that the animation and cd were good, but the poster has some graphic problems. For the animation, there were some minor speed problems and a cropping problem, but the overall animation is nice and smooth. (And they laughed a littl when the saw the part whereby the net and ricesack fell out of the scene.) And the took the cd away....(I was hoping to keep it myself, coz I liked that...)
After a quick browsing at my portfolio, that's the end of it. Simple. Now the holidays are back....I was thinking of going back to school on some occasions to mend this animation, coz I really feel like making it into somewhat perfect animation, hehehe...I wasn't very satisfied at the result anyways...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home