My Photo
Name:
Location: --- None ---

Jus another random person...

Friday, October 08, 2004

Death

Haiz....just a few minutes ago, I read from my friend's blog that a friend of his just passed away. Somehow, it doesn't sound very right. 17 and dead? That's a bit hard to accept, isn't it? All this while, death sounds like something that won't happen to people of this age, yet it strikes all, regardless of age and status etc... Life's short, eh? We're all given 24 hours, aren't we? But each day doesn't seem any diff from the previous... I can say, I take my life for granted. Everyday, I'm just living the same old life, doing the same old things. Though sometimes, I'm reminded that life isn't about doing but being, I just gave many excuses. "I have lots of work to do..." blah blah blah... But hey, that's true. Right now, I wonder how many daily portraits I have yet to do.....I really wonder how people manage to balance out their daily work and the 'work' of the soul. That's one big challenge. After the death of my Grandpa, my father started acting wierdly. He slept later than usual, and just recently, my mum told me that he has been asking her out to the place where they had been going during their dating years. Guess that was a sign of stress and worriness........but I really hope my dad isn't thinking too much.

I used to think that a person dying is because God has decided to take that person away. The time is up maybe? But somehow, after pondering about that book, I wondered if that's because of choice? If that's the case, I guess I can understand why 'good' guys die first, and 'bad' guys die last. In either way, there's no longer a need to reason out why a person dies. It's a fact that all will pass away eventually. And I wonder if that's what make me cold-hearted when it comes to such issues. I have not cried for a dead yet, and even if i felt like crying, it's because everyone around me is creating that atmosphere, making me cry too. Whatever it is, life goes on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home